HOME    ABOUT    GREEN    VIOLET    RED    SCARLET    RAINBOW    BLACK    MUSIC    ART    POETRY    PHILOSOPHY    RANDOM

Saturday, February 6, 2016

this is poetry

unlearning lessons, i'm shocked to find
counting beat and keeping time
iambic feet and stilted rhyme
that - that is not poetry.

with silent reading comes dissection
of mathematical perfection,
acceptance or rejection,
an intellectual exercise.

you speak your truth in pictures,
words wrapping themselves into my heart
where they lodge.

i see your thoughts in my mind,
know your pain in my skin, my depths.

your words are fists, hammering
on the brick walls of rape culture
inciting me to beat back
because together,
together,
together,
sisters, we will push it over.

this - this is poetry.


A response to this poem by Maddie Godfrey.


"Today, there are men organising rapes like birthday parties" I wrote this in response to the meetings of 'Return of Kings', a neo-masculine pro-rape organisation, that were scheduled for today.Thank you for listening xx
Posted by Maddie Godfrey - Poet on Saturday, February 6, 2016
https://www.facebook.com/maddiegodfreypoet/videos/924619557607551/

No comments:

Post a Comment