HOME    ABOUT    GREEN    VIOLET    RED    SCARLET    RAINBOW    BLACK    MUSIC    ART    POETRY    PHILOSOPHY    RANDOM

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tree

I don't know your story - 
who ever could?
all that I know is
you're more than just wood.

You sheltered bees
in a world where they're dying.
Now for your crime,
you're sentenced; I'm crying.

Cockatoos and galahs
shrieked - it seemed in dismay
at your pruning; but now this:
what will they say?

The hive hollowed you out
so in spite of your shade,
your sequestration
of CO2 someone made,
what you give to the birds,
what you give to the bees,
you're being cut down
in the City-Bush squeeze.

They say not only might you
drop a limb on someone,
but you're in the way
of the badge, car and gun.

Constable Care, it seems,
needs more space,
and a driveway, a heat sink,
is taking your place.

I grieve at your falling,
mourn I could not stop it,
add my voice to those calling
A tree! Do not chop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment